Re: How does ProxyPassReverse work?

On Thu, 4 Feb 2010 16:55:54 +0100
"Rainer Frey" <rainer.frey@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So am I right that I need to exactly match the Location header from the backend?
> And is there any configuration that influences whether two equivalent urls in
> different form(such as :80 vs. no port) match?

You need to match the start of the URL returned by the backend,
either exactly or with a regexp.  So if your backend sends :80
then you need to match :80, and if it omits the port you
need to match that.  An easy workaround in many cases is that
if you omit the slash, then you match the domain name both
with and without :80 alike.

Making that smarter is not as easy as it looks, because not
every redirect is to HTTP, or even to any standard protocol.

--
Nick Kew