Re: link to open local files - intranet/local access only

Hi LMJ,

On Jan 25, 2010, at 12:53 PM, L.M.J wrote:

Le Mon, 25 Jan 2010 11:40:43 -0800,
aurfalien@xxxxxxxxx a écrit :
I've 3 platforms to support (Windows, Linux, Mac), which use file
browsers of Windows Explorer, Conquerer, OSX Finder respectively.

Our intranet has links to files were we would like those directory
locations to open when clicked.

Basically we are trying the ease file navigation for our users because
the paths can be very long.  The files vary in type which are
irrelevant in that we just want there local file browser to open up to
that specific directory location.

I'm flexible in that I could enforce the use of 1 browser like Firefox
on all three platforms, but how do I go about getting this running?

My setup;

Apache 2.2.3 on Centos 5.3
Centos 5.3 clients
OSX 10.5 clients
XP clients

You may know file links (file:///) but I don't want to use them at all. Where are your files stored ?

The files are stored on a NAS but the goal here is to open up their local file browser to help them navigate much faster.

While I do have virtual host directive and some server side dir/file stuff going on, its not what we would like in this case.