Re: link to open local files - intranet/local access only

Le Mon, 25 Jan 2010 11:40:43 -0800,
aurfalien@xxxxxxxxx a écrit :
> I've 3 platforms to support (Windows, Linux, Mac), which use file
> browsers of Windows Explorer, Conquerer, OSX Finder respectively.
>
> Our intranet has links to files were we would like those directory
> locations to open when clicked.
>
> Basically we are trying the ease file navigation for our users because
> the paths can be very long.  The files vary in type which are
> irrelevant in that we just want there local file browser to open up to
> that specific directory location.
>
> I'm flexible in that I could enforce the use of 1 browser like Firefox
> on all three platforms, but how do I go about getting this running?
>
> My setup;
>
> Apache 2.2.3 on Centos 5.3
> Centos 5.3 clients
> OSX 10.5 clients
> XP clients

 You may know file links (file:///) but I don't want to use them at all. Where are your files stored ? On a
 NAS ? Why can't you just mount remote shares to your server in a virtualhost subdirectory and point to them
 with a link like this : http://intranet/subdir/path/to/myfile.txt

--
 LMJ
 "May the source be with you my young padawan"