Re: How to remove an environment variable...

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 8:54 AM, Krist van Besien
<krist.vanbesien@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> UnsetEnv REMOTE_USER
>
> However, this does not work.
>
> Also setting REMOTE_USER to something else doesn't work either.
> Setting other variables works though.
>
> What are my options here? How can I remove REMOTE_USER?

mod_cgi (and anyone acting like mod_cgi) calls a utility function to
set REMOTE_USER from the internal representation of the user, right
before running the script (in the handler phase).  There does not seem
to be any window where you could blank out the variable (the closest
you can get is mod_rewrite E= in <Directory> or htaccess with no
substitution)

You might be able to write an apache module that zaps r->user in the
fixups phase when some criteria is met, but I am not seeing any more
direct way.

--
Eric Covener
covener@xxxxxxxxx