Re: Questions about implementing SSL/VirtualHosts

Peter Schober wrote:
* Boyle Owen <Owen.Boyle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2009-12-15 10:22]:

-----Original Message-----
From: Justin Pasher [mailto:justinp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
(a) Single FQDN, single DocumentRoot - Single IP.
(b) Multiple FQDN, single DocumentRoot - Single IP, assuming cert
supports all (sub)domains listed. Otherwise Multiple IP
(c) Multiple FQDN, multiple DocumentRoot - Multiple IP addresses (one
for each FQDN)

Why is no-one mentioning the SubjectAltName solution
(http://marc.info/?l=apache-httpd-users&m=125889530300657&w=2)? Does it
not really work or is no-one actually using it?

Because I'm tired of constantly repeating myself ;)

I sounds like the Apache list is a little crankier than other lists that I'm subscribed to. ;-)

My situation is described in option (b) including the assumption. I think I'm going to be ok. I will just plan on making the change on a Sunday when our customers are not using our system (car dealerships). Thanks all for your advice and incite.
Dan Schaefer
Web Developer/Systems Analyst
Performance Administration Corp.