Re: writing modules?

Zachary Uram wrote:
> I would like to make my own apache module (in C) for Linux but
> have no idea where to start. Any guides on doing this?

You may want to try out http://www.apachetutor.org/ . I can also
recommend the book (on the page), it's really worth the price.
This helps you getting familiar with general module structure.

The apxs tool (delivered with Apache) will get you started
with a sample module. I think it was axps -g -n <mod_name>.

After that, try to look at modules which offer some related
features to the one you want to write. Look how they did it, try
to understand why and keep experimenting. Try to understand the
concepts of the APR. Just go through the online documention of
the APR functions as you go through code of other modules.
E.g. pool are a very important concept which you should get
familiar with.

Regards,
Edgar