Re: When it rains it pours...

On Nov 27, 2009, at 10:59 AM, Evan Platt wrote:

On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 13:26:56 +0100, you wrote:

And we are also looking in to getting a UPS for our coffeemachine,
because not being able to have a coffee when an outage condems you to
unproductivity is next to unbearable...

I worked at a company once that had a coffee machine in the
'breakroom' which was right outside the door of the 2 bathrooms -
where there was a sink and microwave and coffee pot. One day at a
company meeting, someone mentioned it was about time to get a new
coffee pot brush. One person turned pale white. "What... coffee..
pot... brush?"
The other person said "The one right under the sink, right by the
coffee pot!" and the other person said "You've been using that on the
coffee pot?"
"Yes. Why?"
"Uhhh... I've been using that on the toilets."

I think it was a while before anyone drank coffee anymore.

When I was sitting in a refugee camp in Switzerland between 1986-1988 I had to do daily chores. One of them was to clean the bathrooms located on the floor. One day as I grabbed my devices and started to do it, I saw two persons standing in front of one urinals. One of them was bending. I almost turned and went away, but in the last moment I realized that the bending was just washing his hair, and the other one was pushing the tap down, so the water flowed continuously. They looked apache - black hair and sun-dried skin -, but there were no tom-cat around :)

The coffee was made by an austrian cook from neighboring Voralberg :)