SSL on Apache 2.2.14

Hello,

Hopefully someone will be able to help, as I've been working on this problem for quite a while and have hit a wall. I'm trying to upgrade Apache 2.0.47 to 2.2.14, and I need SSL support. Everything seems to build and compile okay, but when I try to access my site running on 2.2.14, I get a strange error from Firefox: "Secure connection failed. An error occurred during a connection to xxxxxx. SSL peer reports incorrect Message Authentication Code. (Error code: ssl_error_bad_mac_alert)."

I've tried compiling with OpenSSL 0.9.8L and 0.9.8G with the same results. This is hosted on a Solaris sparc box. The 2.2.14 server is utilizing all the same files and SSL certificates as the 2.0.47 server. I've called Verisign; I have valid certificates, but they've never heard of this error before. If I self-sign a certificate and test it with the 2.2.14 server, it seems to work (except for the expected error message regarding self-signed certificates).

Searching on Google has led me to try forcing Apache to compile with prefork enabled (but it seems to default to that anyway on Solaris). I've also tried statically linking Apache during compile with the same results.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I'd very much appreciate them...

Thank you,
John