Re: CGI Apache Directive: LimitRequestLine

Nick Kew schrieb:
On 25 Nov 2009, at 10:18, Martucci, Andy wrote:

I've been reliably informed that 8190 bytes is the maximum size available for the get method and anything over this should be done using the post method.

IIRC the HTTP spec limits it to 2kb, so you can't rely on any agent (server, browser
or proxy) allowing you more than that.

If you want apache to support longer lines (subject to all other agents you use also
doing so), build it with your selected value in include/httpd.h, where the limit is defined.

But the need to do any such thing smells of a design defect in your application
(and how do you deal with logging these huge requests  - 8K log for a single
request)?

Do you know the rfc number for 'HTTP spec limits it to 2kb' ?.

I can't find such a statement in rfc2616.

  Hendrik