Re: ad-supported apache proxy

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 12:45 PM, Mike Cardwell
<apache-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Marcos Mendez wrote:
>
>> Hi Mike, when I run google (yahoo, eweek etc) through the proxy (using
>> mod_substitute) i do not see my modification in the page source, no
>> matter where I try to insert it.
>
> Then why don't you start with something really basic like the following:
>
> Substitute "s|(<body[^>]*)>|$1>HELLO WORLD|iq"
>
> When you've got that inserting content after the body tag on every page by
> checking the source, then you can worry about inserting more complicated
> things than "HELLO WORLD"
>
> Disclaimer: I've not used "Substitute" before. I'm assuming the above is
> sane considering what you originally posted.
>
> --
> Mike Cardwell - IT Consultant and LAMP developer
> Cardwell IT Ltd. (UK Reg'd Company #06920226) http://cardwellit.com/
> Technical Blog: https://secure.grepular.com/blog/

Hi Mike, I already posted an example of my proxy.conf and in fact that
is what I'm doing now. But it does not work all the time, either
because maybe I'm missing something with more complex sites, or
they're doing something fancy that I can't follow.

AddOutputFilterByType SUBSTITUTE text/html
Substitute "s|<body?([^>]*?)>|<body$1><!-- my content -->|iq"

This is why I'm trying to look for other options, or maybe it's just
something I'm doing incorrectly. As I said, it does work with simple
sites, but google, eweek, yahoo, slashdot, etc... just doesn't work.
I've looked into mod_layout (not sure if it'll work through the proxy,
can't find good documentation on 5.1), mod_publisher seems like it
would work, but i get a content encoding error in the browser just by
enabling it on google, yahoo, etc.