Re: .htaccess files not working from internet? intranetaccessfine

Many thanks for the responses :-)

I am back now with possible job placements which is a good sign!

Matt, I tried telnet but my telnet version doesn't give me as specific detailed output as that....

I used: telnet {mydomain.com} 80 and it just gives me connected??? No 'get url' etc... - am on Ubuntu 9.04 currently but even within the Solaris and Cent OS servers I don't get that kind of response.

Dick, I have nothing in access log apart from BitTorrent stuff, but in error_log I get this:

[Tue Oct 13 14:30:16 2009] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: /var/www/html/announce

I don't think it is relevant but however the issue looks to be squid by my inexperienced knowledge...?? :-)

Time to fire up wireshark or tshark on this one I think....

Regards,

Kaya

matt farey wrote:
You can use a telnet

Telnet hostname 80

GET url HTTP/1.1
Host: hostname
Enter enter

And see what comes back

It strike me squid is not passing back the headers or you would see the browser pop up, but squid *is* seeing the challenge since it fails with 403.

Now do same telnet direct to page and see the difference