Re: Configuration Apache for multiple wars on Tomcat with multiple domains

On Fri, 2009-10-02 at 17:15 +0200, Cyril Vieville wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have an apache server used as load balancer for multiple tomcat
> servers clusters with mod_jk.
<snip>

> We use ServerAlias and our DNS registration (in direction of the
> apache server of course) to have an URL by application. For this one,
> it´s cluster1.mydomain.com
>

> Everything worked fine till today as we have a new need. We used to
> install only one war on each Tomcat server with the context path “” so
> the URL was http://cluster1.mydomain.com but now we have to host more
> than 1 war by tomcat server. So the Context path will change to the
> name of the war (no problem for that)  but we don´t want to use
>

> cluster1.mydomain.com/war1
>
> cluster1.mydomain.com/war2
>

> but
>

> war1.mydomain.com
>
> war2.mydomain.com
>

> what should I do or add ? Is it on the Apache or mod_jk configuration,
> or on the Tomcat side ?
>
> Of course I need to add some ServerAlias lines but I don´t know what
> to do with the rest ...
>

> Thanks,
>

> Cyril Viéville

Hello Cyril,

Take a look at virtual host on tomcat:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/virtual-hosting-howto.html

I think that it is what you where searching for.

Also remember to have the right virtual host on apache to the right
worker.

Cheers,

Martin