AllowOverride for rewrite configurations only

Hello,

I've been googling this issue and i couldn't find an answer yet. I read the documentation of AllowOverride directive but it didn't help too...

I work on an ISP and we want to allow our customers to override only rewrite configurations via .htaccess files.

Nowadays a lot of applications use friendly URLs and we're doing these rewrite configurations manually for each customer (and they're many)...

So, if they were able to do it for themselfs, it would be easier to us.

Today our AllowOverride configuration is set to "None" for security reasons..

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Luís Fernando Alén Gonçalves