Apache Proxy data delay question

On Wed, 23 Sep 2009, Philip Wigg wrote:

>  Any helpful hint would be greatly appreciated. Or suggestion where to get
>  the help I need when nobody can help me here.

 What versions of Apache and Linux are you running? What are the SSL

Currently Apache/2.2.3 on an older suse linux. If that helps I could try Apache/2.2.10 on another system, but that would require some more setup work. According to docs the options I use should be available for 2.2.3.

 options you've replaced with '...' in the snippet you

     SSLEngine on
     SSLCipherSuite ...
     SSLCertificateFile ...
     SSLCertificateKeyFile ...

 posted? Is it only using SSL that you see delays? Do you have a
 SSLRandomSeed
 directive?

I did not really deep test SSL compared to normal HTTP as for SSL the client infrastructure is missing and I did not want to start development until I'm sure the general system works.

But as the normal HTTP already delays too much I'm pretty sure SSL wont be better (as it is a layer on top and thus should have same limitations). The problem is, that the NTRIP caster sends e.g. a TCP packet where I have a chunky header and e.g. 70 characters. From apache I only get a combination of more than 5 to 10 of these chunks. When each chunk means one second, than the delay gets large.

The caster HTTP answer also contains following lines to prevent caching,

         "Cache-Control: no-store,no-cache,max-age=0\r\n"
         "Pragma: no-cache\r\n"

but this does not help as well.

Ciao