Re: How does Transfer-Encoding: chunked work with CGI?

Hi.
As regarding the overall content-length header, has anyone re-checked the relevant part of the HTTP RFCs ? I haven't yet, but I seem to remember that for chunked encoding, each chunk has an individual length, but there is no overall content-length. Which would meake sense, because at the time the initial headers are sent out, the total length is not necessarily known. In terms of CGI, that would mean that when Apache calls the CGI module, it cannot set the CONTENT-LENGTH as an environment value, since it isn't known yet.