Re: 'require' keyword

Melanie Pfefer wrote:
Hi

I meant Eric's suggestion.

But, I sent the email too fast. In fact, I am not prompted for authentication when I create a new and seperate location even though the Require user was put for that new location.

In fact I just noticed that I have also:

<Location /svn/ABC/>
with the same ldap settings (require valid-user)

Getting back to some basics :
With "Basic Authentication" (which is what you are using, despite the fact that your back-end is an LDAP server), the directive "AuthName" is important. Basically, any Location sections for which you use the same AuthName, is considered by the server and the browser as "one domain", and an authentication for one of these Locations is valid for all the Locations that have the same AuthName. That is why, if a user authenticates once for a specific Location that has an "Authname X", and then accesses another Location that also has an "AuthName X", the user will not be asked to authenticate again, and his previous authentication will be "re-used".