Re: Serving partial data of in-memory common data set

On Mon, 2009-07-27 at 21:29 -0700, S.A. wrote:

> [...]

No, but that is almost certainly by design. Caching works best the more
you can scale it. Anything inside apache would be per-process, or at
best, per-machine. Using memcached allows you to scale out your cache to
support many backend machines.

The best way to use memcached is to avoid DB queries. You can either
cache your objects, so you don't need to do DB queries to load them, or
cache the resultant html you would draw from the objects, so you don't
even need the objects.

If you can cache entire pages, apache has mod_cache and its various sub
types.

Cheers

Tom