Re: Re: How to see/use the response when the apache server is down.

Thanks for the link...I have looked through it before, and I just tried what it says, and it works ( I can just put my custom message within the httpd.conf file against the ErrorDocument 404 directive, and it will display this message when the page cannot be found.).That's exactly the functionality that I want. But I was thinking if I could do it using the Apache rewrite module instead. My ultimate objective is to be able to write a rewrite module that would be able to be loaded by someone. And that module would do all of the above... that is be able to redirect a failing request ( based on the response as above) to a custom error page. All the person would then have to do is to load the module, which would have the rewrite engine turned on.. and boom, it would work.