Zeus Subserver Equivalent in Apache2?

Hi all,

I'm looking into our options going forward for our web-hosting cluster.

We're currently running Zeus Web Server using sub servers.

The idea behind webservers is that you can have a directory layout that looks like:

/var/www/%HOSTING-PACKAGE-TYPE%/%x%/%x%/%domain-name.tld/html/

and the webserver does a lookup for the files in the html directory for each request it recieves.  In the above example, that would mean that for www.icanhazcheezburger.com [0] hosted on a Designer Hosting package, the path would expand to

/var/www/DesignerHosting/i/c/icanhazcheezburger.com/html/

I know that you can do a similar thing with vhosts, however we need to be able to set different options for each of our hosting packages and I don't appear to be able to specify the package-type restrictions, just server wide which is no good for our hosting platform.

If someone can point me in the direction of the correct module(s) to use for this, I'd be very greatful.

Cheers,

MWD.

[0] Sadly this domain is not hosted with us, but it seemed like a good example domain to use!