mod_rewrite

Hello,

I am trying to use mod_rewrite to direct user to another web server when they request a specific page within our application.  For instance when a user requests rep*.* with all the following URL information I would like them directed to an alternate server.  However, once those requests are completed and sent I would need them moved back for all following requests.  Essentially this is to move reports being run from one server everyone hits to an alternate server setup specifically for reporting.  Is this something that is possible?  I have tried setting up one rule on the originating server to attempt to move everything beginning with rep to the alternate server, but it does not appear to work, and I haven’t even been able to test the other as I am not being directed to it to begin with.  I have done Google searches to try and find an example of what I am attempting to do, but all I keep finding is an all, or nothing or where only one file is being moved whereas I have multiple rep entries in the system.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Rich

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access or use by any other person to this internet email is not authorized and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete or destroy this email. If you do not wish to receive future emails from this sender, please reply directly to this email requesting you be removed from any mailing list.