Vhost shortcut?

I have some difficult users, who want to just type in a partial URL (in
this case "tracking") as the URL and be directed to an app that is
located on a server with a DNS entry tracking.domain.com.

I suggested setting a browser bookmark, but was rebuffed. Browser is
IE6, if that makes any difference. The problem is this used to work on a
different server.

Is there a way to configure the vhost to recognize the partial url and
direct them to the app?

In other words typing in --> tracking in the url would be the equivalent
of http://tracking.domain.com/

Here's what my vhost entry looks like:

# Tracking Vhost
<VirtualHost *:80>
    <Directory "/www/docs/tracking">
      Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
      AllowOverride None
      Order allow,deny
      Allow from all
    </Directory>
    DocumentRoot /www/docs/tracking
    DirectoryIndex index.html index.jsp index.htm index.php
    ServerName tracking.domain.com
    ServerAlias tracking.domain.com
    OPtions ExecCGI Includes MultiViews SymLinksIfOwnerMatch Indexes
-FollowSymLinks
    JKMount /tracking/* ajp13
    JKMount /tracking ajp13
</VirtualHost>