AW: Apache memory hog

A little addon, when the authentification was reduced to .htaccess the memory leeks were gone. So we guessed there were problems in the authentification modules.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Domsch, Christian (IZLBW Extern) [mailto:christian.domsch@xxxxxxxxx]
Gesendet: Freitag, 3. April 2009 15:23
An: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: AW:  Apache memory hog

Hello.

A client of our company has similar issues. They run SLES 10 with apache 2.2.x and the newest subversion 1.5.x and also use https. For authentication they use winbind and not ldap.

They too have the problem, that the apache processes take up a lot of cpu cycles and use up the ram to the point, where the processes crash with out ouf memory. After that the memory is not freed. Even when the httpd processes are stopped (and not crash) the memory is not freed.

I do not know the fine details here, bit the sysadmin found some odd things going on with ssl.