Re: Include directive in httpd.conf giving a Permission denied error.

William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
Laura Speck wrote:
Thanks for the help - SELinux is enabled. Temporarily disabling it did fix the problem, but I would like to keep it enabled. I am headed to find an SELinux list, thank you :)

In 5 years they've failed to participate with httpd in addressing such
issues ... If you discover anything useful please do feel free to bring
it back to dev@httpd to be addressed :-)

FWIW, I attended an SELinux talk at FOSDEM last month.  The majority of
all his examples were with our httpd.  In questions at the end, I
stressed the need for decent tutorial documentation and for meaningful
error messages when something is denied.  His reaction was pretty
negative ("unlikely to happen"), and others around the room seemed
pretty negative about any likelihood of anything improving and
supported a "selinux is the enemy" view.

--
Nick Kew