Re: PHP script as Apache filter or "callback"

Brian Mearns wrote:
I've got a PHP script that I want to call for every request under a
certain location. Specifically, I want to alter/set the response
headers using this script. I know headers can be set in other ways,
but in this case, the heders are set using some fairly complex logic
which I don't think can be done in the conf file directly, plus the
PHP script will have some other side effects on the server.

Does anyone know of a way to do this? If not, can anyone point me to a
good tutorial for writing apache filters?

You might try PHP's auto_prepend_file:

  auto_prepend_file  string

Specifies the name of a file that is automatically parsed before the main file. The file is included as if it was called with the require() function, so include_path is used.

    The special value none disables auto-prepending.

This allows you to run some PHP code before any script in the directory you set it for is run. It will only work for documents which PHP is set to parse, of course, so it won't help out for requests for other objects like images.

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock