Re: How to use self signed Jar file on Apache HTTP Server

Manupriya <manupriya.sinha@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> 2. Deployment time - Self Signed web pages - We followed the link -
> http://straxus.javadevelopersjournal.com/creating_a_mozillafirefox_drag_and_drop_file_upload_script_p_1.htm
>
> 1. What do I do with x509.raw and x509.cacert ? Where do I copy these files
> on the Apache Server?
> 2. Where do I copy the jar file on the server that I am able to refer it on
> my web pages? I am NOT table to access it from my web pages using -
> jar:http://www.mozilla.org/projects/tempapp.jar!/temptable.js
> 3. Will I have to enable SSL on the apache server.

1. From the web page referenced: "The easiest way to do this is to add a
link to your page somewhere which links to the certificate file (The one
named x509.cacert which we created earlier – you will want to save it as
x509.crt so that the browser and web server handle it correctly) and ask
the user to click on it before they access the website."

So put the cert file somewhere that Apache can serve it up via a link
from your page.

2. Similarly, the instructions say the jar should accessible via some
URL, so put it wherever you'd put any other file you wanted accessible
via a particular URL.

3. Not unless you want to.