How to use self signed Jar file on Apache HTTP Server

Hi,

We are using Apache Web Server, PHP, Java Script on Windows XP.

We need to support copy/cut /paste support on our website. This works fine
on IE but on Firefox/mozilla, it doesnt work. As per our understanding, this
is due to the Mozilla security mechanisms.

We understand, there are two ways to handle this -

1.Manually enabling codebase principals -

To enable these JavaScript Copy to Clipboard function in the Mozilla and
Netscape Browsers, please follow the steps to provided below
1) Type about:config in the browser address bar.
2) Now, in the Filter window search for the following:
signed.applets.codebase_principal_support
3) Set the Boolean value to true for Firefox or enter true or 1 for Mozilla
browsers.
Keep in mind that Preference names are case-sensitive.

NOTE - FOR DEPLOYMENT/PRODUCTION system, we do not want to manually support
it.

2. Deployment time - Self Signed web pages - We followed the link -
http://straxus.javadevelopersjournal.com/creating_a_mozillafirefox_drag_and_drop_file_upload_script_p_1.htm

We carried out the following steps -
1. creating a new certificate repository -
   certutil -N -d c:\certdir

2. Creating a new jar-signing certificate -
   signtool -G <certificateName> -d c:\certdir -p <password>

3. Generate a signed jar from a set of web pages
   signtool -d c:\certdir -k <certificateName> -p <password> -X -Z <signed
jar>.jar c:\<web pages folder>

Upto here, everything is fine. We have generated the signed jar files.

Now my questions are -

1. What do I do with x509.raw and x509.cacert ? Where do I copy these files
on the Apache Server?
2. Where do I copy the jar file on the server that I am able to refer it on
my web pages? I am NOT table to access it from my web pages using -
jar:http://www.mozilla.org/projects/tempapp.jar!/temptable.js
3. Will I have to enable SSL on the apache server.

Please suggest.
I have put the same post on firefox forum. But I feel it is an apache server
issue. And I am missing out on some configuration.

Thanks,
Manu