Re: Can't Insert Row Into a SQLite DB on server

Akbar wrote:
Thank you André, that was pretty gentle. I'll give that information in the future.

It's Apache 1.3 that comes with Mac OS X Tiger.

I'm not sure how to find out which user started the Apache server. I have a guess that it's the admin account on my computer.

I don't know that environment at all, but you should look at the apache.conf or httpd.conf file. Apache usually starts as "root" or "administrator", but then switches to another user with less permissions.
There should be 2 lines
User xxxxx
Group yyyyy
in the configuration file, that indicate which user/group it runs under.
In your case, you may want to change the Group to a group that has write permissions to the SQL folder. If there are other applications running under Apache though, be aware that this may cause them to have problems.

But maybe it is safer to wait for someone else's comment, who knows how things work under Mac OS X Tiger.