Re: Can't Insert Row Into a SQLite DB on server

Thank you André, that was pretty gentle. I'll give that information in the future.

It's Apache 1.3 that comes with Mac OS X Tiger.

I'm not sure how to find out which user started the Apache server. I have a guess that it's the admin account on my computer.

André Warnier wrote:
I was only trying to suggest, gently, that when you post on a list looking for help, you might want to add at least some information about the environment you are using, like which kind of system, which version of Apache, etc.. People may want to help you, but you cannot expect them to guess this kind of stuff.

Anyway, your problem below sounds very much like a simple permissions problem. The user under which the Apache server is running probably does not have write permissions to your SQL folder. Before you go ahead and give him that though, you may want to think about the security implications. There is a reason why usually Apache runs as a user-id that does not have access to everything, and that is because any process started by Apache then has those same permissions.

Akbar wrote:
Yes Apache 1.3.

André Warnier wrote:
Akbar wrote:
Hi. I have a SQLite db file in the same folder with ps.php file. ps.php can read from the database file but it cannot write to it. Is there a way to write to this file. The exact same php code works when it's not on the server. Thanks.

What server ? Apache ?