Re: ProxyHTMLURLMap

Nick Kew wrote:
Robert Steinmetz AIA wrote:
I have been working on a reverse proxy problem for a while. I have it mostly working but I need to rewrite some URLs to delete one level of directory

I think ProxyHTMLURLMap will be able to do it and I have determined that it is doing something on my machine, just not what I want.

The proxy is creating URLs in the form "http://hostname/application/file"; I need them in the form "http:/hostname/file", where hostname is the VirtualHost of the reverse proxy.

That's the opposite to the 'usual' configuration, and should work
fine if you just reverse the example rules in the tutorial.
Yep I kind of figuered that out.

I think I understand in its simplest form ProxyHTMLURLMAp matches from the beginning left to right,
I need it to match for "/application" anywhere in the URL

You could do that with a regexp, but it'll be simpler and run
faster if you just use two simple string matches, one for
"/application" and another for "http://server/application";.

I've tried lots of different combinations in my case none of them seem to affect the output which is form an application on a Windows server running IIS. One of the goals is to keep the server away form the Internet via a reverse proxy.

I' think the proper maps would be

ProxyHTMLURLMap   http://applications.mydoamin.com/aplication  /
ProxyHTMPURLMap   /application    /

But that doesn't work, and no matter how I configure the ProxyHTMLURLMap the error I get is still the same. I think the application is avoiding the rules somehow.

In any event I've developed a workaround that is ok for now. When I get a chance I'll study this some more since I don't really understand how it works just yet and I've gotten myself confused.

--
Robert Steinmetz, AIA
Principal