Re: Re: too long

Bruce Hyatt wrote:
On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 6:09 AM, Dzilberte Bekode <jancis2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi
thanks a lot man.
Now I know how it works.
That's the important thing.

But what I don't understant is why is it so slow only when I want submit
form, because page is running fast.
Anyway its working now after I've deleted everything in hosts file.
I realy don't understant. It can be empty?

My somewhat-educated guess is that you had an erroneous entry in your
hosts file. I believe hosts can be empty if all the hosts you need to
find are resolvable on your average domain-name server.

The one line you should always keep in your local hosts file is
127.0.0.1 localhost

That is because "localhost" will never be resolved by any external DNS server, and you'll need it for things like :
ping localhost
(to verify your TCP/IP stack works e.g.)

or for getting a response from your local webserver (the one on your workstation), when you enter "http://localhost"; in your browser. (That is for the exact same reason as explained in an earlier message in this thread).