RE: Apache 2.2.4 caching problem

Thanks for responding to my question.

I've since downloaded firefox. When I tried to install LiveHttpHeaders,
it says that it's incompatible with the current version of firefox.

I started firefox without importing any history, bookmarks, etc from IE,
but unfortunately, when I loaded the modified webpage, it displayed the
old version. The webserver runs on a virtual machine on the same
physical machine as the browser. The virtual machine is networked via
TCP. Between the browser and the server, there's a router, but the
virtual server for Internet users is disabled. So, the only two players
here are the browser and the apache server.

More info ...
I changed the style sheet, and reloaded the page. The access.log entry
is:

"GET /css/reports.css HTTP/1.1" \
200 3964 "http://192.168.0.137/headerframe.html"; "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows;
U; Wind\
ows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120122 Firefox/3.0.5"

The file size of reports.css is:

[paul@Develop:/var/www/css]l reports.css
-rw-r--r-- 1 paul dev 3985 2008-12-22 09:36 reports.css

So, it seems that apache is recognising that the content has been
modified but is serving a cached version of the file.

Do you have any further suggestions?