Re: Help

James Taylor-Bye wrote:
Hi and many thanks for your prompt reply.  I believe in trying to be as
polite as possible when it comes to asking for help from strangers.  Anyway
on with my problem.......

You are absolutely correct in your assumptions, so far.  A bit more detail
on my problem.  I can install the programme properly, it's just when it asks
for a server and domain name whilst installing it that I fall flat on my
face.  I have entered something to try and point it to my own created file
on my pc yet it won't have it.  So i have put in anything and tried to
change the config file to reflect this.  Obviously I haven't got a server or
domain at the moment.  I just want to use the programme to teach myself a
new programming language that hopefully i will be using at some point in the
future.

Localhost is a perfectly valid thing to use in this case. Dont worry so much about it. If you'd like i can suggest EasyPHP as a wonderful prepackaged Apache/PHP/MySQL setup. Its what i use on all my windows machines so far.

--
Morgan Gangwere

Unknown Software
http://sonof.bandit.name/
Member, INCOSE [ incose.org ] PACA [ paca.org ] and NMUG [ nmug.net ]

[indrora@boxly ~]#_

Find me on FreeNode! irc.freenode.net ~indrora on ##linux
begin:vcard
fn:Morgan Gangwere
n:Gangwere;Morgan
org:Unknown Software;Programming
email;internet:0.fractalus@xxxxxxxxx
title:Developer
tel;work:+1 505 514 2863
note;quoted-printable:Identities:=0D=0A=
	Indrora on irc:=0D=0A=
	irc.freenode.net=0D=0A=
	=0D=0A=
	Various IM clients:=0D=0A=