Re: Help

James Taylor-Bye wrote:
I have downloaded the installer for the latest apache software.  I am having
difficulties in actually setting it up for use on my pc.  I have no website
and server yet, i am just trying to teach myself this and do aim to set up
in the future.  So i just need to know how to set it up to use on my
machine.

Many thanks in advance.

Well, at least you ask nicely and you say thanks in advance. 2 bonus points.

From the above, I will venture to guess that you have a PC with Windows, and that you downloaded your Apache from here :
http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi
and that you picked the one named
Win32 Binary without crypto (no mod_ssl) (MSI Installer)
and that you saved this as a file somewhere on your PC.
Right ?

If so, did you install it ? (double-click on the file, etc..) ?
Yes ?

If so, what happens when you open your browser and enter the URL
http://localhost
?