Re: Re: Apache 2.2.10 - apxs - cross-compiling modules failing

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 5:58 PM, Nick Kew <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 05 Dec 2008 16:13:35 +0000
> Tom Evans <tevans.uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> apxs has its installbuilddir calculated when the apache binaries it
>> accompanies are compiled and installed. Since yours doesn't look in
>> the right place, I'm guessing your cross built apache was not
>> installed/configured correctly.

Appropriate configure options or hints would be nice. Which --options
do I need to set?

> Exactly.  You'll need to "make install"

No - I need ./configure options. This happens before 'make install'.
The makefile is generated from configure.

If I'm abjectly wrong here, I apologise, but my problems start before
even attempting 'make build'

> the cross-compiled apache
> to get an apxs that'll pick up the right tools and options.
> You may find you need some dependencies cross-compiled too.

If the copy/paste didn't make it clear enough, there are two versions
of apxs to choose from,

1) the host one. (here)
2) the target one. (there)

Both refer to their own 'local' one.

Cross compilation requires a third one: 'run here, but act as if
you're running there.'

How do I (a) generate this third version (b) refer to it when compiling.

I'll still admit ignorance in this, and ask, 'am I still on the right
list here?'

Am I?

--
PJH