Re: Apache and IDN

Adrián Ribao Martínez wrote:
El Lunes, 27 de Octubre de 2008, André Warnier escribió:
Adrián Ribao Martínez wrote:
Hello. I just bought a domain name containing spanish special characters.
the domain contains the word: diseño
but now I can't make it work with apache, after creating and
configurating a virtualhost is not working.

I changed the domain and everything was ok. But I need it to work with
apache.

Any help is apreciated. Thank you.
Hi.
You need to be a bit more specific that "I can't make it work".
What is not working ?
- is the request not getting to Apache at all ?
- is it getting there but being processed by the "default" VirtualHost ?
- is it giving messages in the logfiles ?
- can you do an "nslookup" of your domain name and does it work ?
etc..

The problem is that is being processed by the default VirtualHost. So I thought it was an apache issue.

The log files are ok.

Allright, that means that Apache is not recognising the ServerName in the VirtualHost section.
Have you tried percent-escaping it ?
like :
ServerName lamadredel.dise%F1o.com

I don't think that this is very correct, but it could possibly work.

ServerName