Re: Address rewriting with mod_rewrite

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 3:10 PM, Mauro Sacchetto
<mauro.sacchetto@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Il martedì 7 ottobre 2008 08:21:04 solprovider@xxxxxxxxxx ha scritto:
>> The second rewrite redirects requests with the querystring
>> "?pagina=home" to the homepage.  To check querystrings with multiple
>> parameters:
>>    RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^(.*&)*pagina=home(&)?
>>    RewriteRule (*.) / [P]
> If I put this tring, in my .htconfig, I obtain only:
>
> Code 500 > Policy violation or wrong htaccess!

You really need to think about, what you are trying to do, and try to
understand how http work.

What you tried to do above will not have the effect you want. So it is
usueless to try to make it work.

What you have to understand is that RewriteRules operate on the
requests that are sent from the browser to the server, not the other
way round.

So what you can do with a rewrite rule is make it possible for a
browser to request A, and get B in stead.

I think you obviously want to hide the "index.php?pagina=home" from
the user. So what you want is that when a user requests
http://www.giovannifornero.net/
het gets
http://www.giovannifornero.net/index.php?pagina=home
but the address bar in the browser does remain "http://www.giovannifornero.net/";

This means that you need to convert a request for "/" in to a request
for "index.php?pagina=home", not the other way round.

And this looks like this:

RewriteRule ^/$ /index.php?pagina=home [P]

This is btw what solprovider already suggested, so try this out.
Ofcourse, this is not the end. You might have to look at the links
that are in the page that index.php generates...
Is this by any chance a CMS you've installed? If so, which one?

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@xxxxxxxxx
krist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx