Re: SSI/server-side includes and symbolic links/SymlinkIfOwnerMatch

I think the SymLinks option is valid only in the directory-file context. Not Applicable in SSI. I am not clear about this.

On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 9:06 PM, Paul B. Henson <henson@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 3 Oct 2008, Nilesh Govindrajan wrote:

> If you are not using RewriteRules then in .htaccess write
>
> Options -FollowSymLinks
>
> This will disable the working of RewriteRules also!
>
> If you are using RewriteRules, create a symlink and using FilesMatch
> specify the above option for the symlink name.

My objective is to have SymlinkIfOwnerMatch apply; I actually did try
putting -FollowSymLinks in a top level <Directory /> config, but the SSI
include *still* followed the symlink.

My question is whether or not it is expected that SSI includes will ignore
the Apache symbolic link following configuration, or if it is a bug? (Or
if I'm just doing something stupid, which is always a possibility)...

Thanks...

--
Paul B. Henson  |  (909) 979-6361  |  http://www.csupomona.edu/~henson/
Operating Systems and Network Analyst  |  henson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx