Re: SSI/server-side includes and symbolic links/SymlinkIfOwnerMatch

If you are not using RewriteRules then in .htaccess write

Options -FollowSymLinks

This will disable the working of RewriteRules also!

If you are using RewriteRules, create a symlink and using FilesMatch specify the above option for the symlink name.

On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 8:10 AM, Paul B. Henson <henson@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 3 Oct 2008, Nilesh Govindrajan wrote:

> /usr/pkg/etc/httpd/htpasswd owner is root and Apache runs as daemon /
> whatever you set in User directive. So its obviously not going to work
> with SymlinkIfOwnerMatch. You need FollowSymLinks in Options.

I don't think you understand my problem/question.

I don't want the symlink followed.

The problem is that SSI successfully follows the symlink when I think it
shouldn't.