Re: Cannot connect to apache from outside machines

listens on 80 then port 443. Yes I am using public ip address to connect via browser. and port forwarding is forwarding to the local ip 192.168.x.x

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Mearns" <mearns.b@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2008 4:28 AM
Subject: Re:  Cannot connect to apache from outside machines

Not sure what the default xampp setup is, but look for the Listen
directive to verify which ports apache is actually listening on, and
make sure those are forwarded.

Also, I'm not sure how much you know about networks (so pardon me if
you consider this suggestion offensive): are you connecting to your
router's public IP address, or your system's local address? If you got
the ip address from something like ipconfig, then it's the local
address. If it's something like 192.168.x.x, it's a local address. To
get the public address, you can go to a site like
whatismyipaddress.com.

Best of luck
-Brian