Re: Configuration Problems

Dragon wrote:

I am waiting impatiently for the Windows Apache version's "cute paperclip popup assistant" to show up.

Apache isn't a Microsoft product, this statement is just absurd and I think a bit insulting to the Apache developers.

Dragon

Without the preceding bit, it is taken a bit out of context.
Nevertheless, you are right.
The statement above was out of line and unjustified by anything Apache I have seen so far. I did not mean it that way, and I really apologise to the Apache developers for any such perception. Apache is a package which I have used as a fundamental tool for at least 10 years, on more platforms than I can remember, and with no serious problem that I can remember. I could not have done without, and still could not. It is definitely the greatest general-usage open-source application in existence, and I want to express my thanks for it, and reiterate my deepest apologies to the entire Apache team for even suggesting the stupid thing above.

I my own defense, I think it was a knee-jerk reaction to a previous comment, and to some things I have lately seen appearing in Windows versions of some (other) open-source packages in their Windows incarnations, such as the by-default settings that download and install updates without asking.

André