Re: java app URL rewrite

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 3:22 PM, Stauffer, Robert G
<rstauffer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> OK, that makes sense that PT wouldn't apply and that the rewrite engine
> won't reprocess the URL.
>
> Hmmmmmmm.  I did a poor job of explaining what I'm trying to do.
> Basically I'm trying to hide the "jahia/Jahia" portion of the URL.  That
> means there are three cases that need to be handled:

Your still not describing it rigorously enough, as solprovider explains.

You need to explicitly decide when you want to send a redirect
(changing the URL in a response to the browser) vs. when you want to
fixup a URL silently (IOTW rewriting it).  You need to craft these
rules so they don't step on eachothers toes (by virtue of their
ordering and the URL-space they operate on.

Note that if your requests ultimately go through the websphere plugin,
you must ultimately have the PT flag (and your substitution must be a
URI not a filesystem path) but as Andre mentions you must be dilligent
re: which point you use PT to copy the filename back to the URI.

Subsequent rules don't run after the L or PT flags, when your rules
are in httpd.conf outside of directory/location.

--
Eric Covener
covener@xxxxxxxxx