Re: Pass-through LDAP authentication with Internet Explorer and Active Directory

"So what I believe in this case, is that the LDAP module might, possibly, rely on the "REMOTE_USER" header that IE is sometimes sending when the user is authenticated in the domain.  And that one indeed would probably contain the domain and user.  If that is the case, then a simple manipulation of the HTTP headers of the request, using standard Apache modules, might be enough to get just the user."

I agree, I believe that is exactly what is happening.  I can verify that the REMOTE_USER server variable is set to 'domain\user' using PHP (echo $_SERVER['REMOTE_USER']).  I didn't realize that you could manipulate headers with Apache.  I will definitely look into this as it sounds like that is what I need.  Thanks.

Clayton