Re: Apache and lingering close

On 10.09.08 19:59, Arnab Ganguly wrote:
> MaxClients 256 and there are 4 instances.Server-stat page is not available
> as due to heavy load.This doesn't happen in case of normal traffic.This
> pause remains for sometime and again it comes back after a while.

4 instances of what? 4 childs of apache process or 4 different groups with
different configuration? If the latter, what's the total number of apache
processes?

And, what remote IPs are those finished connections from? Can it be DoS or
some misbehaving client(s)?

> I am using KeepAlive Off.I tried setting it to On with default
> KeepAliveTimeout and MaxKeepAliveRequests but the result was same.My Timeout
> value is default to 300 sec.

the KeepAlive may help when the same client sends more requests - it does
not need to open more connections.

--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@xxxxxxxxxxx ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
Save the whales. Collect the whole set.