Re: lower cpu priority to perl scripts

I found the following on google; you should be able to taylor it to your needs:
http://techtasks.com/code/viewbookcode/567
# This code sets the priority of a process

# ---------------------------------------------------------------
# Adapted from VBScript code contained in the book:
#      "Windows Server Cookbook" by Robbie Allen
# ISBN: 0-596-00633-0
# ---------------------------------------------------------------

use Win32::OLE;
$Win32::OLE::Warn = 3;

use constant NORMAL => 32;
use constant IDLE => 64;
use constant HIGH_PRIORITY => 128;
use constant REALTIME => 256;
use constant BELOW_NORMAL => 16384;
use constant ABOVE_NORMAL => 32768;

# ------ SCRIPT CONFIGURATION ------
$strComputer = '.';
$intPID = 2880; # set this to the PID of the target process
$intPriority = ABOVE_NORMAL; # Set this to one of the constants above
# ------ END CONFIGURATION ---------
print "Process PID: $intPID\n";
$objWMIProcess = Win32::OLE->GetObject('winmgmts:\\\\' . $strComputer . '\\root\\cimv2:Win32_Process.Handle=\'' . $intPID . '\'');
print 'Process name: ' . $objWMIProcess->Name, "\n";
$intRC = $objWMIProcess->SetPriority($intPriority);
if ($intRC == 0) {
    print "Successfully set priority.\n";
}
else {
    print 'Could not set priority. Error code: ' . $intRC, "\n";
}