Re: Re: suExec and UserDir module

Juan Asensio Sánchez wrote:
Does anyone know if this can be done? Any help?

2008/8/4 Juan Asensio Sánchez <okelet@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:okelet@xxxxxxxxx>>

    Hi everybody

    I have just configured a LDAP based Samba Server. Now i want the
    users to publish their websites with the module UserDir. The problem
    is that user's directories are chmoded 700 (and I want to be 700)

But that is not possible.  You would be a fool to deploy suexec arbitrarily
across all the users, that's WORSE than setting the appropriate 711 perms
granting effectively far more permissions than you intended.

So if you won't set permissions appropriately, give the users another place
to store per-user documents outside of their home directories.