Re: URL Encoding

I think this is the relevant part for my config:

<Proxy *>
AuthType Basic
AuthName ...
AuthUserFile ...
Require valid-user

Order deny,allow
Allow from all
</Proxy>

ProxyPass /projects http://localhost:8180/projects/projects nocanon
ProxyPassReverse /projects http://localhost:8180/projects/projects

(well the double /projects/projects is there for a reason, but it
shouldn't have anything to do with this case though..)

My problem is that I want to have URLs in URLs..

e.g. /projects/{URL encoded homepage of the project}

Where the last part is what the backend uses to identify the project..

However, Apache seem to decode this URL before it passes it forward to
Tomcat. The nocanon keyword seems only to stop uppercase letters being
converted to lowercase etc.. but it doesn't stop Apache from parsing
"%2F" into "/" ++

So I think my next step will be to use Base64 encoding or something
else if I cannot figure out how to stop Apache from decoding the URLs.

Thanks again,
- Erling

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 6:47 AM, Krist van Besien
<krist.vanbesien@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 18:00, Erling Wegger Linde <erlingwl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> But it didn't.. hmm.. that's weird..
>>
>> Any other ideas?
>
> Maybe your problem is something different. From the looks of it apache
> is trying to find something locally that you want it to look for
> somewhere else.
> Maybe you should tell us more about what you are trying to achieve,
> and show us more of your config.
>
> Krist
>

> --
> krist.vanbesien@xxxxxxxxx
> krist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Bremgarten b. Bern, Switzerland
> --
> A: It reverses the normal flow of conversation.
> Q: What's wrong with top-posting?
> A: Top-posting.
> Q: What's the biggest scourge on plain text email discussions?

Med vennlig hilsen
Erling Wegger Linde