Re: How to make Apache 2.x as Forwarding server?

Anand Kulkarni wrote:
Hi,
I have client/server architecture. I want to introduce Apache server in
between that will receive request from client, forward it to server then
take response from server and give it back to the client. There is no
load balancing or complex processing here.
How can I implement this simple requirement without using mod_proxy?
If I may ask : why do you even need an Apache in-between ? a simple tcp router or firewall with port re-direction of port 80 to your back-end server would do this nicely. It would send the packets "as is" without any interference, run on a small diskless box costing about 500$, and run for years without trouble any. Run IPCop on it, and you would also have a nice web-based configuration interface with plenty of filtering options, and whatever logging you want.

André