question on port number from client to host

hello

I am using apache http server to serve some xml requests from clients.
the http server hands over the incoming XML to back end application. the back end application creates the response and hands over to HTTP server to be sent out. for some requests, the client port is changing to a different one.

the network trace shows the following for some requests.

incoming request
host port:80   client port:1234

outgoing response:
host port:80  client port:3456

Could anyone please let me know if this is acceptable behavior? I wonder if this could be related to mismatched responses on the client side that I am facing.