DAV and SSL help

I am running Windows XP SP3 on all machines and have an internal Intranet. The clients are using TortoiseSVN and command line svn.

I have NEVER worked on the internals the Apache httpd!

I have installed Apache httpd 2.2.8, and separately VisualSVN 1.1 (which
installs a copy of httpd 2.2.8) on a server machine. My purpose was subversion, so VisualSVN 1.1 should be sufficient. It seems to include both ssl, and DAV (from looking at the httpd.conf in the VisualSVN conf directory)

What I would like to do is use the Apache httpd 2.2.8 installation to support both SubVersion, and Web-DAV. This would be to support other applications that use DAV (like Mozilla calendar Lighting). Later I would like to add Tomcat support (for JSPs).

I believe that for the Apache 2.2.8 installation of httpd to support SSL, and DAV, I will need to copy several .so files from the VisualSVN bin directory over to the apache 2.2.8 bin directory. Also, I will need to add commands to the apache 2.2.8 conf/httpd.conf file.

First question is, will the VisualSVN .so files work adequately if I copy them to the Apache 2.2.8 bin directory?

I have been reviewing all of the Apache conf files (to include the DAV and SSL conf files in the /extra directory in apache 2.2.8) compared to the VisualSVN conf file, and don't understand half of what I need to implement.

Second question is the difference and usage of the Dav svn command in the VirtualSVN conf file versus the (apparently) more general Dav on command in the httpd/conf file.

I will probably have more questions after I figure out what I really need to do to get the 2.2.8 httpd configured to handle both SSL and DAV!

I can provide any and/or all of the conf files from both the Apache 2.2.8 conf files, and the VirtualSVN conf file.

Thanks for any help!
--
Tim Burke
(303)979-1950 - home