Re: Apache hanging but after restart is working fine

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 1:05 PM, Arnab Ganguly <aganguly01@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yes, my webserver is not able to respond to incoming requests.I couldn't see
> the server status  page as it times out.My MaxClient setting is
> 128.ListenBackLog is 511 by default, so I assume it should be able to handle
> 639 connection with all its thread busy? If yes will then 640th connection
> is going to be discarded or how is it going to be.
> Let me know if we can avoid this.

With this configuration the server will handle 128 simultanous
connection, and queue another 511, which depending on how quickly
threads become available might appear to "hang". The 640 connection
will be dropped.

You probably need to increas MaxClients. you may alos need to increase
ServerLimit, as MaxClients can't be higher than ServerLimit x
ThreadsPerchild.
See:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mpm_common.html

Krist